We have to start by saying that this particular company started in the mid-30s in Rochester, NY. Today, it is one of the most popular and recognized eyewear brands that feature a wide array of unique shapes, including retro, classic Americana, Aviators, and many more.
In the last hundred years, they became prevalent because numerous celebrities, including Tom Cruise and Blues Brothers, wore them in movies.
Today, this particular brand is part of an international conglomerate from Milan, Italy. We are talking about Luxottica that owns other brands, including Prada Eyewear, Arnette, Oliver Peoples, Person, Pearl Vision, Sunglass Hut, LensCrafters, and many more.
That is the main reason why this particular brand is still one of the most prominent ones, which means that you can find a wide array of sunglasses available on the market for both women and men.
They feature different materials and colours, which will make you, feel overwhelmed while choosing. Apart from the legendary ones such as Aviators, you can find classic to modern options.
Things to Know About Different Options
- G-15 – A unique tint that you can find in Ray Ban’s collection specifically created for military pilots in the mid-30s. They could filter bright blue lights, which was important considering that they brought a new perspective. At the same time, you should know that this particular type of lenses would let only fifteen percent of light through, which is why this specific number is within its name. Apart from this particular one, you should know that Ray-Ban Sunglasses come with a wide array of tins and options you can find on the market. However, this type is one of the most popular classic options for people who enjoy its style.
- Acetate – This particular chemical material became part of sunglasses in the early fifties and created a revolution for protection. Since it comes from natural fibres such as wood pulp and other polymers, it can achieve both a transparent and glossy appearance. In the last few years, manufacturers started using different, more affordable frames.
- Polarized Lenses – If you wish to use glasses that come with a specific film that reduces reflected light or glare, this is the best option for your needs. We are not talking about direct sunlight exposure from a light source but reflected rays from the snow or water. It is an excellent option for enjoying daytime fishing, highway driving, hiking, mountaineering, and skiing. Keep in mind that they are more expensive than regular shades.
- Blaze – This particular eyewear collection features the classic silhouette in combination with over-frame lenses for additional enjoyment. It means that lenses are within the frames and not on top of them, similarly to other options. The easiest way to understand the importance of sunglasses for your health is by checking here for additional info.
- The @ Collection – If you wish to get online-exclusive shades that you cannot find in brick-and-mortar stores, you should consider this particular collection. It features a wide array of options, including Clubmaster, Aviators, and Wayfarers, among others. Generally, they are either limited editions or standard options depending on your preferences.